Sustainable Recycling Centre in ottawa
We pride ourselves on being environmentally responsible
CFT Recyling is locally owned and operated. We are proud to share with our customers over 10 years of experience in the scrap metal recycling industry. We prioritize sustainability and use our knowledge to educate our customers so that they receive the best recovery possible from their scrap metal waste.
We are BBB accredited business and we know that our biggest asset is our caring and experienced team. Our staff is fully licensed and insured and provides nothing short of excellent service.
customer satisfaction comes first
Our ethical approach to business allows us to build long-term relationships where we maximize value for our customers.
We are open 6 days a week for your convenience. Our company is locally owned and operated along with a courteous staff of qualified individuals. We are proud to share with our customers over 10 years of experience in the scrap metal recycling industry. We use our knowledge to educate our customers so that they receive the best recovery possible from their scrap metal waste.
join our team
Career Opportunities at CFT Group
We’re looking to fill a full-time/permanent Roll-off Driver position.
$25–29 per hour with additional applicable bonuses
- Safe operation of our trucks
- Pick up and deliver roll-off bins
- Proper load securement
- Pre and post trip inspections
- Providing excellent customer service on location
- Accurate and efficient communication with dispatch.
- Must have an AZ or DZ license.
- A clean driver’s abstract (max one violation)
- Reliable transportation – no public transportation available.
- Are familiar with MTO regulations and guidelines, CVOR, pre-trips, and load securement.
- Can meet essential physical requirement such as lifting and climbing.
We’re looking for someone who is hard-working, punctual, enjoys working outdoors and with their hands, and has flexible availability (since we are open 6 days a week).
- Ensure scrap metal (rotors, shred, aluminum, etc.) is dumped in the appropriate area following safety rules and regulations.
- Keep the yard clean and organized.
- Move/sort/grade tires.
- Help decommission vehicles.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Weigh, grade, and sort scrap metal.
- Any other general labour tasks as required.
We are seeking a full-time, heavy equipment/machine operator to join the team operating various machines and equipment. The person will be responsible for operating heavy construction equipment which may include the loader, material handler, excavator, skid steer, engine puller, cherry picker and/or shear machine, etc.)
- Perform daily circle inspections of equipment to ensure proper machine functionality.
- Clean, lubricate and perform routine maintenance including making notes or any required repairs.
- Clear and prompt communication with team members using walkie-talkies to ensure customer and employee safety at all times.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliance.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- The Heavy Equipment Operator may also deal with members of the public in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Excellent physical condition with good manual dexterity to safely operate machines.
- Resourceful, autonomous and have a sense of initiative.
- Experience with a variety of machines.
- Must have own reliable vehicle to and from work (Pembroke).
- Enjoy working outdoors under all weather extremes.
- All candidates seeking an equipment operator position will need to demonstrate competency at the time of training and supply training records and/or references in relation to equipment operation.
- Must have the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- The work environment can be loud and dusty.
- Difficult weather conditions, as the position requires working outdoors year-round.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Busy recycle yard, many moving vehicles.
- Must be able to work weekends as we are open 6 days a week.
Join Our Talent Network
Join a Certified End-of-Life-Vehicle Recycler, A+ Rated BBB Accredited, Eco-Friendly Company Today! We know that our biggest asset is our caring and experienced team. Our staff is fully licensed and insured and provides nothing short of excellent service. CFT Recycling Canada is a rapidly growing, progressive business that has been operating for over 10 years.